17 June 2019

Unlike the Wolf

“We are just like lions,
or bears,” we exclaim
“To find food to eat,
we must cause pain”

“We don’t have a choice,”
we proudly proclaim
“We eat just like them
We’re exactly the same”

“Watch a pig die?
I’d lose my lunch!”
Unlike a wolf
who watches each crunch

“Eat my meat raw?
You must be insane!”
Unlike a cheetah
whom raw flesh sustains

“I use a knife
to cut up my meat”
Unlike a fox
who uses claws and sharp teeth

“A cup of cow’s milk 
sits in my palm”
Unlike a lynx,
who just drinks from his mom

“I need meat to eat,
that is perfectly clear,
I have canine teeth”
Just like the deer

“On top of the food chain, 
triumphant we stand”
Just like the elephant
who eats from the land

“Nature dictates 
what’s on my plate!”
Though we are closely
related to apes



31 May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment