21 June 2019

Sharing Tokes with a Snake

“such strange 
things cross
my mind
while I’m high,”
the snake said
as she passed the joint 
for my turn

intrigued,
I inquired further
as to what might
have entered
her reptilian mind
as she draped
herself 
in the chair 
beside mine

“frogs,” she said

I waited while 
smoke and silence 
filled the room
but she offered
no elaboration

I could wait 
in silence
no longer
“what about frogs
felt so strange?”

“their lack of manners,”
was all she added

if I had been more alert,
I might have asked
how she managed
to pass me the joint
without the benefit 
of having hands,
but I was too busy
wondering if I had 
ever encountered
overly rude frogs, 
details like hands
slipped my mind
at the time


Spring 2018
inspired by a dream I woke from

No comments:

Post a Comment