18 June 2019

Maybe I’ll Beat Them Less

I used to beat dogs
every single day
Multiple times each day even

The pleasure was amazing
I mean, it felt so good
I’d laugh at my friends
who talked of not beating dogs

Did those crazy fools
have any idea what
they were missing?

Crying over their pain
and suffering and shit
and trying to make me
feel guilty for my choices

They aren’t all 
stomped to oblivion,
sometimes they are 
humanely beaten,
I’d retort,
easing my conscious

They were pet first,
loved even,
before they were beaten

And everyone was doing it
It wasn’t just me
Every bar I’d walk into
had dogs to beat,
if you were willing to pay

We all enjoyed it,
we did it with big smiles
on our faces
as we talked about 
the weather and sports
and drank beer

I tried beating a cucumber once,
I really did,
but it was just mushy
and it didn’t give me the same thrill
so I went back to dogs

But honestly,
I am starting to feel a little bad
I know they feel pain and all
but I like it so much

Maybe I can stop 
beating them on Mondays 
or something,
I hear people do that

I don’t think I can stop altogether,
I’m not going to deprive myself
But every lit bit helps, right?

Oh, here comes a dog now
Wait, what day is it?


5 Mar 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment