10 June 2019

A Strange Definition of Love

Corpse chompers,
flesh munchers,
and partakers 
of carcass cuisine

will not hesitate
to proudly proclaim,
without a hint of irony,
their love for the animals
upon which they dine

My brain is 
spinning in circles
I’m confused.

No matter how long
my eyes stare at the words 
that form the entry
inside Merriam-Webster,

I fail to see the inclusion
of wishing someone dead

I love and eat Grandma 
is surprisingly not
an included sample sentence

I guess you could 
hope for an update 
in the next edition:

Love. Noun.
One syllable.
“An intense feeling of
deep affection that is
easily overlooked 
when your stomach
begins to growl.”

As in:
“Oh, my sweet,
adorable poodle,
I had such love for you
until I got hungry
and heated 
the barbeque.”



17 Dec 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment