16 June 2019

I Hope God is Playing Golf on Tuesday

I’ve noticed 
every time 
I hear election 
results were 
“the work of God”

or in the words
of Franklin Graham,
“I believe 
at this election,
God showed up”

that the winner
so divinely chosen
is always from 
the same party

and it makes 
me wonder 
what God is doing 
the rest of the time 

Does God only 
occasionally care
about a 
political victor?

Did God, 
in November 
of 2012,
have a hot date?

Maybe God 
was caught
in celestial traffic
or was stranded
with a flat tire

Maybe the couch
was too comfy
and God was
binge-watching
Cheers reruns
during the eight
years of Obama

Maybe God
simply doesn’t 
have the power
to influence 
all elections 
and has to pick
and chose only
certain ones 

Can you really 
believe there is
a God who has the
power and the will
to determine the
results of elections,
but only shows up
when your winner
is announced?


2 Nov 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment