11 June 2019

An Order of Jesus: Hold the Love

Sometimes 
the very 
same people
who shout 
the loudest
about their 
Christianity
have a very 
different 
memory 
of the Bible
than mine

Ignore 
the sick;
My neighbor 
is not 
my problem
Wait…
I thought 
the Bible
said love

Hate the gays!
Strange,
I could 
have sworn
it said love

America first!
I don’t
remember
Jesus 
drawing lines
nor picking
favorites

Build walls,
keep them out
But wasn’t
there something 
about whatever 
you do to the 
least of these,
you do 
to me?

Let the poor
fend for 
themselves
Weird,
my recollection 
was love

Kill your 
enemies
before they
kill you
Odd,
I was certain
it was love

I guess
I could
grab a Bible,
glance back,
refresh

It has been
a few years,
perhaps 
my memory
is fuzzy



29 Oct 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment